Our client is a global real estate investment manager with $68 billion of private and public real estate assets under management and over 750 people in 17 countries and 24 offices worldwide. Their diverse investor base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments and high net worth investors from across the globe.
This position is with the Debt Investment and Special Situations team, a specialist business which invests fund capital into structured real estate debt and special situations investments across Europe. The team was set up in 2010 and has become one the largest providers of alternative finance on commercial real estate in Europe, having invested over £2.2bn in 55 transactions across 9 funds or strategies to date. The Team successfully raised over £1.0bn of new capital in 2017 on behalf of two funds, a £800m debt investments fund focused on mezzanine and whole loan investments across asset, a £260m fund focused on providing whole loan development finance on residential, hotel student housing, and healthcare schemes. The Team is actively exploring new opportunities and investment strategies that complement the platform’s existing investment vehicles.
This role will specifically work within the Portfolio Management (“PM”) Team, which consists of four individuals that look across all the Team’s investments.
Portfolio Management function:
- Analysing & forecasting the Team’s performance on funds/investment mandates and completed deals;
- Running deal/portfolio level analysis; building performance scenarios, assessing risk allocation and portfolio diversification;
- Monitoring asset’s performance which includes but not limited to monitoring business plan progress, loan consents, and underlying asset performance;
- Communicating with the fund manager, investors, borrowers and various other stakeholders internally and externally which includes preparing all investor communication (incl. Quarterly reports) and organising investor conferences and calls;
- Preparing asset models and Investment Committee memos for loan restructures and workouts; and
- Working with fund manager and client capital to develop future fund strategies and fundraising efforts.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience, this person will be at a level of second year Analyst equivalent in banking
- Must have knowledge & experience in analysing and modelling complex deals and financial
- Must be proficient in financial modelling in
- Familiarity with more complex capital structures, including the ability to analyse financial statements would be
- Strong attention to detail and analytical rigor is key to the
- Good understanding and an interest in real estate investments and knowledge of debt investments would be
- A team player with excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and positive
- European languages an advantage although not a must
- Energetic and self-motivated, with an ability to work independently and show
Please contact Hannah -
020 3574 4121