ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is ideal for an analyst with a passion for UK real estate seeking to join a fast paced, dynamic and friendly team.
Supporting senior analysts on client facing mandates, you will be responsible for collecting, maintaining and constantly elevating the quality of our client’s real estate data and assembling reports on quarterly performance.
In addition, you will be responsible for providing research to enable the clients, future clients and management team to make strategic investment decisions.
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to contribute to the success of a developing business area within an exciting growing organisation.
The role is broad however key responsibilities will include assisting Senior Analysts, responding to team data queries, running and maintaining data systems/models and producing and evaluating research data. Responsibilities may change from time to time as team planning requires or for staff development purposes and there will be many opportunities to take on projects and process improvements.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Real Estate Research
- Responsible for managing the production of ad-hoc research and analysis on tenant covenants, comparable sales and lettings, industry analysis and public company performance.
- Top-down macroeconomic analysis covering economy, property markets and market trends.
- Assemble and interpret national, regional and local economic and property market information to create views about rental growth, pricing and prospective total returns for property markets in the UK. This information will be assembled both from literature, maintained databases, and from meetings with senior analysts, investment professionals and Directors.
- As requested, produce analysis, research papers and presentations for public/external consumption to help sales and marketing efforts. This may include involvement in pitches to clients.
- Assist in supporting research to assess specific proposed transactions.
Real Estate Analyst
- Support the Senior Analyst in collecting, collating, and updating tenancy and asset level data.
- Review and analyse news alerts and companies house filings for key tenants.
- Monitor and analyse third party performance KPI data.
- Provide support in modelling and analysing financial data regarding refinancing, acquisitions, and/or disposition of investments.
- Attend to requests for information and data from internal clients.
- Present compelling trends and analyses to internal teams on a regular basis.
- Identify gaps in data and uniformity issues.
- Construct tables and graphs to show trends, upcoming events etc.
Our client use the key competency framework to recruit and develop the team because they want to ensure their people have the ability to lead and make a real impact on the work they do.
- Ownership / Doing the right thing
- Driving Value and Financial Acumen
- Passion / Relationships
- Team and Relationships
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent business user of MS Office software including; Word and Excel.
- Experience linking sets of data together using Excel and be comfortable with advanced use of Excel including but not limited to:
o IF, Lookup and Index/Match Functions
o Pivot tables
o Data visualisation
- Ability to work in fast paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to learn and apply concepts quickly.
- Resilient problem solver.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience with VBA, Cash Flow Models, and financial statements within the Property/Real Estate Industry would be desirable but not essential.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving abilities: high level analytical skills to run financial models as well as analyse all aspects of real estate markets
- A Level education or equivalent.
- Degree education or equivalent in a related discipline (desirable).
For further details please contact Hattie -