Our client is a market leading fully integrated real estate company offering expertise in investment, development, and property management of multifamily residential properties globally.
Their employees are the key to the success of their business with exceptional service at the heart of everything they do. This level of service is a result of their expertise, a solid understanding of the markets they operate in and a passion to provide outstanding experiences.
Our clients aim is to further expand across the UK and Continental Europe by hiring local talent and staying true to the core values of integrity, respect, professionalism, accountability, service and team work.
You will run an autonomous business unit taking overall responsibility and accountability for the operations including team members, daily activities, and the resources of the property to achieve established budgeted financial and operational goals. Leading the team by example your focus will be to build a vibrant, safe and welcoming community their residents enjoy being part of.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Acts as a role model at all times by demonstrating the core values
- Leads the team to create positive memorable experiences by exceeding expectations for all residents.
- Works in partnership with marketing to shape local marketing and leasing strategies based on relevant market data to achieve the property’s occupancy and revenue goals
- Ensures marketing campaigns, advertising and promotional activities are effectively implemented
- Establishes relationships with internal and external stakeholders (sales, marketing, groups, universities) communicating regularly with representatives, ensuring the community’s compliance with pertinent regulations and providing performance data and reporting
- Actively seeks interaction and contact with residents to proactively seek to improve service delivery and ensure community events enhance the overall resident experience.
- Meets targeted revenues by making rate recommendations based on market data and monitors payments.
- Prepares and forecasts annual budgets by analysing financial statements, reviewing marketing information, and accessing operational reports.
- Manages the financial performance; attending regular P&L reviews with stakeholders.
- Promotes investor satisfaction and retention through timely variance reporting in respect of budgeted and actual spending and on-going communication about the performance of the properties, and responds with urgency to client/owner concerns, questions, issues, and requests.
- Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by ensuring a timely response to questions, requests and complaints in a timely manner, and taking appropriate action to resolve and address service issues.
- Assesses team member training needs and ensure thorough understanding of systems and adherence to policies
- Develops capability of team members in order to meet key performance goals and future succession requirements.
- Originates, approves and submits purchase orders and processes invoices from vendors, contractors and service providers for payment and manages communication with finance team members and other stakeholders as required.
- Oversees the tenancy management process by co-ordinating periodic apartment inspections, evicting residents, and imposing and collecting late fees and other charges within the terms of the agreement.
- Works hand in hand with Health & Safety to drive a safety culture by managing and monitoring the appropriate health & safety and compliance activities including the incident reporting system and ensures that the community operates in a safe and risk free environment.
- Ensures the operation of the community complies with Company policies and procedures and any laws and regulations governing housing operations and residential lettings.
- Manages planned and reactive maintenance and refurbishments engaging marketing and capital projects teams to ensure timely resident communication and completion to a high standard within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Conducts regular community walkabouts and inspections and takes appropriate actions to ensure that the physical aspects of the property, grounds, buildings, and amenities meet established standards for safety, cleanliness, and general appearance and appeal.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organisational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Demonstrates appropriate safe behaviours in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
- Identifies areas for improvement, offers suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity, and implements ideas that achieve operational excellence.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilising other appropriate method(s) to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
- Property specific details to be added
- Regional Operations Managers, Investors & Portfolio Management Team.
- Corporate Support Teams including HR, Finance, Systems, Sales & Marketing, Health & Safety & Capital Projects.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Good level of general education
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in using property management software. Training will however, be provided.
- A knowledge and understanding of UK Health and Safety policies preferably with some form of recognised training i.e. IOSH or NEBOSH.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience of successfully driving leasing performance and managing operations within the property sector or similar environment.
- Experience of leading a team and a proven track record in delivering service excellence in a similar management role/ environment.
- Detailed knowledge of Landlord/Tenant Legislation.
- A strong team player but capable of working autonomously and taking ownership.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi task and prioritise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Numerical skills necessary to complete the above activities.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills sufficient to recruit, lead, direct, evaluate and manage team members to achieve high performance, including maintenance specialists.
- Self and culturally aware and able to adapt relationship building, communications and negotiation skills to suit audience.
- Flexible approach to working in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to thriving in a changing environment.
- Enthusiasm to deliver an exceptional experience to stakeholders and continuously improve knowledge of self and others.
- Evidence of change management delivery Behaviours & Values:
- Integrity - They will stay true to the highest ethical standards and principles, and be honest, trustworthy, and humble in all of their words and actions.
- Respect - They will accept and value their individual differences and show genuine consideration for the thoughts, needs, and ideas of others. They value and encourage a work/life balance.
- Accountability - They will take responsibility and accept ownership for their words, actions, tasks, and results, and respectfully hold others to the same standard.
- Professionalism - They will proudly present a positive, dignified, and business-like image at all times through their appearance, behaviour, and interactions with others.
- Teamwork - They will work together to accomplish goals, solve problems, and enrich their work environment.
- Service - They will make service their top priority by giving their time, knowledge, and experience to serve the needs of their customers, community, and team members.
For further details please contact Martha –
020 3574 4123