Our client is an award-winning UK proptech start-up whose mission is to power compliant short-term and medium-term rentals for the global real estate industry.
They developed a pioneering technology platform to power legitimate homestays and home sharing - enabling landlords to profit from the rapidly converging worlds of real estate, hospitality and travel. There clients include names like JLL, Europa Capital, Aberdeen Standard Investments, and Savills amongst many others.
Having raised £6m+ to date, they backed by leading institutional and angel investors and are now scaling the business beyond the UK into Europe and beyond.
There people are at the heart of everything they do. We now invite them to join our stellar team of entrepreneurs and help them realise their exciting vision.
They are on the hunt for a Data Scientist who can take charge of building the next generation of clients pricing datasets for the global real estate and hospitality industries.
You will be responsible for developing toolkits for data capture, analysis and visualisation in order to effectively optimise revenue across global property portfolios. You need to take the lead in creating, continuously evolving and executing a detailed pricing strategy in order to maximise returns.
This is the perfect opportunity for a data junky who is obsessed with beating their own goals in a seriously fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- You will be interested in, and have the ability to build tools to acquire, streams of pricing data; specifically, short term rental pricing data, hotel data, medium/long-term rental pricing data.
- You are familiar with web scraping techniques and the ability to build data gathering tools in Python, Ruby or any other suitable language.
- You already have an extensive knowledge of relational and non-relational databases and models
- You have Advanced SQL (PostgreSQL ideally) skills
- You possess advanced data visualisation skills and experience working with programs like Datastudio or Tableau, or working with JS visualisation technologies like D3 Charts
- A strong interest or knowledge of real estate finance - understanding the importance of ADR, ERVs, Yield, Net Operating Income etc.
- The curious in the world beyond the numbers and are interested in how real-life events can affect the bottom line; you’ll find innovative ways to stay ahead of the curve by researching local events that could result in pricing spikes on particular dates for particular properties.
- You are so detail-oriented you’ve probably already checked this page for errors
- £Competitive salary + generous equity package (tax efficient EMI options)
- Bright, fun and energetic central London office (just next to Chancery Lane)
- Flexible working actively embraced
- Generous holiday allowance, including shut for Christmas!
- Never start the day hungry - Free breakfast daily
- Tech budget to buy your own devices (computer, tablet, etc.)
- Join a highly motivated, engaged team who are working tirelessly to shape the future of the residential property industry
For futher information please contact Louisa -
020 3574 4125