Our client are a lifestyle, travel and hospitality platfrom. Their mission is to build a global movement where people live, travel, work and experience while making meaningful connections.
About the Department
Our clients Global Preopening Operations department is a hyper-growth, project management team accountable for building and managing an accelerated opening process to drive operational, sales, marketing, revenue management, brand experience, financial achievement and training excellence. The department manages various workflows across Global, Country and Property level teams to drive quality and consistency of the clients new products which focus on local activation programing and operational expertise.
- Work closely with Global Leadership teams to provide regional perspective on areas for improvement across all Operational Disciplines (Cowork, F&B, Wellness, Social Programming, Development, Human Resources, Sales, Marketing, Revenue Management, PR, etc.
- Collaborate, participate in and execute new preopening processes alongside the other Preopening Directors and Senior Leadership.
Project Management [80%]
- Responsible for ~25 openings per region, beginning at Kickoff when Real Estate hands over projects to Development and Preopening Operations.
- Own the preopening process beginning at 4 months prior to opening.
- Schedule, facilitate and lead each project through Milestone Checkpoint Calls for Operations/Finance, Sales/Marketing/Revenue Management and Brand/Experience.
- Ensure the on-time completion of all preopening tasks and keep internal project management tools current with those tasks and key dates.
- Provide on site support during the final week before opening by partnering with the Property and Country level teams.
- Escalate at risk properties in a timely manner to Country Level and Senior Leadership.
- Our client is searching for a highly productive, self-motivated leader with strong project management skills, operations expertise and exemplary communication skills. The ideal candidate has worked in hotels and restaurants, led teams and opened more than one location.
- Experienced in managing teams or groups of people within large organizations (minimum 4-5 years).
- Held leadership positions within a lifestyle brand (minimum 3-4 years)
- Experienced in providing dedicated, multi-project management support
- Highly organized and technologically savvy
- Has worked on or led a remote team (minimum 3 years)
- Possesses an ability to speak to and understand the emergence of hotel hybrid concepts in the marketplace, how they are unique and how to optimize experience activation and financial performance of these products
- Ability to over-communicate using various channels such as email, Smart Sheets, Slack, WhatsApp, Google Drive, Hangouts and Zoom
- Familiar with country standards for permit compliance, food, health, fire and safety trainings (TIPS, CPR, ServSafe, etc)
- Able to travel 50%+ of the time across various regions
- Robust social and professional network in the country of application.
- Must speak English and the local language of the country of application.
Most of your responsibilities are (but not limited to):
- Maintain the most up to date preopening checklist in collaboration with all other discipline leaders
- Facilitate seven regularly scheduled checkpoint calls and include Global Stakeholders to contribute
- Successfully pre-sell hotels and ensure quality reservations on the books before opening
- Create continent based processes as needed, and impliment and sustain them
- Create and track budgeted projections for both preopening and postopening operations
- Ensure all permitting and insurance compliance per property
- Approve menus, activation programming calendars, sales and marketing strategies, pricing strategies, headcounts and operations manuals for new locations
- Create and coordinate JV’s and non-core products business plan
- Ensure community engagement takes place for each opening during the development process
- Coordinate the hosting of preopening events
- Set projects up for hotel operations success
- Train Country Teams and GMs on processes as well as hotel leadership best practices
- Coordinate all training resources per opening, as well as the execution of the training calendar and training materials facilitated
- Contribute to and at times facilitate training managers and employees at locations
- Manage Handover to operations and create punch list and timeline for completions
- Perform final quality assurance checklists alongside Development and Country teams
- Complete final turnover to Country Operations team with product, permit, operations and training feedback upon departure
- Create white book for new locations of all product and operations manuals and procedures
For further information please contact Brad –
020 3947 3271