It’s our clients vision to build a truly innovative and 100% digital self-serve marketplace, where landlords and tenants are connected in a way that makes housing better for everyone. Reporting directly to the CEO, your role as Head of Product, Care will be to co-own the transition from a operational structures to a fully product-led organisation, featuring truly cross-functional team structures to own a given business vertical end-to-end. In this newly created role - a hybrid of a product lead / business lead - you will be accountable for business outcomes through both product and business development levers (e.g. service partner integrations).
The care function is the critical centerpiece of the value proposition, focusing on all aspects of the apartment, from initial handover of the inventory to data aggregation to setup, all the way to ongoing repair/maintenance coordination through partners and portfolio management. You will manage and lead a cross-functional team of operations/CS managers, designers and engineers in an environment that promotes mastery, autonomy and accountability.
Qualities they treasure and expect
The ideal candidate will be a self-organised, team-lead experienced, hands-on product generalist with a proven track record in “zero to one” product development, who can own and execute flawlessly from discovery to delivery.
- First and foremost, you are a fantastic problem solver and great team player, creating a team environment of collaboration and continuous improvement and allowing appropriate levels of autonomy and accountability
- You work hand in hand with product design and engineering to run discovery
- You are a true customer advocate and coach the rest of the team on that perspective
- You have the ability to balance practical approaches and perfection, across multiple work streams in a fast-paced, changing environment
- You have the ability (and proven) to find simple solutions to complex problems
- You know how to work with data, balancing qualitative and quantitative insights
- You are extremely organised and smart about how to prioritise work
- You are excellent in cross-functional collaboration and communication
- Lead and manage a function of 2 team members (growing)
- Demonstrated success in a high growth tech company ideally with complex regulations and/or marketplace dynamics (experience from a top 10 tech firm desirable)
- Willingness and ability to operationally be involved into daily business, while also thinking strategically and ahead
- Founder mentality (high energy, high standards, high agency)
- Generalist manager with a deep understanding for customer needs and interest in technologies
- 5+ years of operational product management experience, including owning all SCRUM routines
- Experience in creating web and/or mobile products from scratch
- Experience in leading both on-site and outsourced engineering teams
- Experience in working with/integrating APIs, with a strong affinity for data structures
- Experience building back-office applications and integrating with CRMs, ERPs
- Fluency in German and English
For further information please contact Dilan -