Title: The Largest European VC with Gregory Dewerpe
Summary: In this episode we talk to Gregory Dewerpe from A/O PropTech about being the largest European VC.
The Propcast by Louisa Dickins, Co-Founder of LMRE the leading Global PropTech recruiter brought to you in partnership with UK PropTech Association, The UK PropTech Association is a membership organisation to drive the digital transformation of the property industry.
This show will focus on connecting the PropTechs, real estate funds and VC’s globally…and get everyone talking about innovation of the built environment.
About Our Host
Louisa started her career in property working at a well-known estate agency in London. Realising her people skills, she moved over to Lloyd May to pursue a career in recruitment. She now is a Director at LMRE, who are a specialist recruitment firm driven by PropTech and recruitment professionals, and Louisa oversees their 5 core areas. Louisa co-founded LMRE and provides a constructive recruitment platform to the new disruptors in real estate. Louisa is also on the board of Directors at UK PropTech Association (UKPA).
LMRE believe there is a better way to recruit. LMRE focus on a more comprehensive, client led focus delivering exceptional talent to the right place at the right time. They are passionate about the industry and passionate about people's careers. LMRE spend time with each client to become and an extension of the business, and their transparency and core values help them grow with the sector. LMRE simplify recruitment and innovate with our clients and evolve the people driven, PropTech community.
About Our Guest
Gregory is the Founder of A/O PropTech, Europe’s largest PropTech venture capital firm and a real estate and technology investor with over 15 years of experience across I-Banking, real estate and venture, a multi-billion deal-making history, and a deep understanding of the financial markets, real estate and venture eco-systems. Prior to A/O PropTech, Gregory founded AMD Capital, a specialised real estate investment company focusing on the most thriving segments of the industry through both private (direct assets) and public markets, taking advantage of market dislocations and price asymmetry in order to build strong conviction positions. Gregory is a Swiss national, fluent in English, French, and Italian; he attended HEC Lausanne University, London School of Economics (Masters), and Harvard Business School.
A bit about A/O PropTech
A/O PropTech invests permanent capital and combines deep real estate, data science and engineering expertise together with a strategic sandbox of over $35bn of Real Estate assets from its investors. As a result of their permanent capital approach, A/O is Stage agnostic, investing from Series A to later-stage breakouts growth stages. They enable founders to create and scale disruptive tech-enabled products and platforms disrupting the real estate industry. Their mission is to transform real estate into a more digital, efficient, and accessible asset class by applying innovative technologies and business models. This mission is underpinned by a vision to improve quality of life, accelerate sustainable living, and enable the decarbonisation of the largest asset class in the world.
Insights from this Episode
- The number one lesson is it doesn't matter what product you're backing, doesn't matter what segment you're backing, it always comes down to the entrepreneurs – Gregory Dewerpe
- You're going to work a lot with those people in tough times, in good times, but more importantly in tough times, and being able to understand who's across the table means you can help them better and you can support them better. And so a lot of work needs to go into the people. It's really all about the people – Gregory Dewerpe
- I always say I'm looking for humility. Humility is something that might sound very generic, but for me, I always say that when you find humble people, it means they're open minded to learn, they know they can get better, they're also able to change their plans when it doesn't go the way they want – Gregory Dewerpe
- For me, everything around the decarbonisation is essential because the only way to be more efficient from a carbon standpoint is to become digital and tech enabled – Gregory Dewerpe
- Since we've all been in lockdown, we've all had that time to take a step back and realise what's important, what's going on in the world and to actually really appreciate it, and make changes – Louisa Dickins
- The office has been challenged over many decades. It needs to reinvent itself and I'm sure it will, it just going to be different and different doesn't mean worse... We reinvent ourselves, we reinvent the way we work and how we work, and how we interact with one another. So there's certainly going to be some great things happening so for me, it's all positive when I think about the future – Gregory Dewerpe
- For issues like sustainability, I think the collaboration between private and public is actually essential – Gregory Dewerpe
You're listening to a podcast produced by A PODCAST COMPANY. This show was made by Podcast Syndicator where we help you go from start to grow to make money with your podcast. Let us help you share your message and your voice with the world. Reach out now. Jason@apodcastcompany.com to find out more. Thank you for listening and do come back to hear more shows like this.
1) Hey, don't miss out on a free webinar!
Learn about how to launch a profitable podcast in just 60 days!
2) Take your podcast from idea to execution in just 6 weeks!
3) Join our Exclusive Facebook group to